Not only did everyone eat, but the recipe was simple and on the table in about 30 minutes. It's an egg drop soup with chicken. We also had steamed rice and edamame....have to have our veggies! It also gave me an excuse to use up some chicken & veggie broth from last week. One of the easiest crock pot recipes ever..that'll have to be the next food post.
Egg Drop soup with chicken
· 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
· 3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
· 3 garlic cloves, smashed
· 1- 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
· 4 ounces wide rice noodles or pad thai noodles, broken into 3-inch pieces ( or substitute a handful of regular egg noddles)
· 2 tablespoons cornstarch
· 2 eggs, lightly beaten
· 1- 1/2 cups cooked, shredded chicken
1. Bring the broth, 1-1/2 cups water, soy sauce, garlic and ginger to a boil over medium-high heat in a medium-size saucepan. Reduce heat to medium and cook broth mixture for 10 minutes.
2. Remove the garlic cloves with a slotted spoon and add noodles to pot; cook for 4 minutes or until tender.
3. Meanwhile, stir together the cornstarch and 2 tablespoons water in a small bowl; whisk into broth and cook for 1 minute or until thickened.
4. Stir the soup so it is moving in a circular direction. Pour in the beaten eggs in a slow, steady stream. Stir in chicken. Serve immediately. Original recipe from recipe.com
Enjoy! What's your favorite soup recipe???...the simpler the better.